Membership

Ventrillo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Peace Through Violence Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Searchis

re: OK, folks, lets see how you wow, Post UI screenshots

Azalinn, Ty for the tip. I'm gonna push the UI Scale down even more. As long as I can read the names, I should be safe.

When I mean room, I mean the center 25% of the screen where my char is, so that I can see ground events (Archavon). Before, it was probably just good luck that I could get out of the way of things so I tried to slim down my UI. I didn't have the dashboard till a few days ago; I wanted to keep all of my keybinds in one area, and they only show when I'm in combat. I used to have my buttons all over the screen, so I got rid of the ones that I pretty much have memorized and just kept the 9 keybinds for heals. and then the normal clicks (pots, buffs, uncommon heal spells, food) that only show when i'm in combat.

If I get rid of the dashboard, they will be back to all over the screen again, which i have to admit, can become too busy to look at

Any other tips for what to do with the junk I need ?

ok first up, here is my new UI, not a large departure from the previous, but I am still cleaning stuff up. Got my visable buttons down to 2 rows (soon to be 1 I hope) And the big evil chore is to move my player and target frame down to where all the action is and through my minimap in the upper left hand corner, and oh yeah, figure out what I am going to do with my buffs now that buffalo is no longer supported

Forum Image

@searchis

I think you have all the mods at this point, now just play with it for a couple of weeks (months . . . years . . .) and do small refinements.

One additional mod that I do reccomend for anyone getting into UI design is Align which is really realy simple but helps tremendously. All it does when you type /align is puts a grid on your screen, allowing you to balance out how things are placed preciscly.

And to everyone if I get around to it I will post some screenshots of mods you don't normally see when in battle or raid, but use all the time, like my bag mod, and my map mod, and my mailbox mod Happy

Also, as time allows I am taking apart one of my screenshots, labeling things, and whatnot to give a comprehensive list of what mods I use, what they do on my screen.

I moved my buffs with Move Anything.

re: My new UI

Forum Image

Better? I think ima stick with this one. smaller screen so a lil crowded.. but what can i say.. im a pack rat. hahaha

p.s look at mine and nizata's DPS hahaha crazy

Here is where I am at right now, kinda. This is a little old. I have made some refinements since this, but you get the idea.

Forum Image

Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Raid Summary
Latest Item(s)
Wodin's Lucky Necklace
Ebonfang
for 275
Shaft of Glacial Ice
Rohann
for 0
Chestguard of the Failed Experiment
Coppereyes
for 389
Bloodstained Surgeon's Shoulderguards
Coppereyes
for 291
Neverending Winter
Kearsarge
for 583
Whispering Fanged Skull
Corvus
for 291
Scourgelord's Baton
Thiria
for 99
Citadel Enforcer's Claymore
Ebonfang
for 389
Abomination Knuckles
Kukander
for 583
Cloak of Many Skins
Ebonfang
for 50
Bloodstained Surgeon's Shoulderguards
Thiria
for 75
Scourge Stranglers
Rohann
for 75

Most Recent Images
Uploaded by: Razthal on 2011-01-09 19:14:07
I made a mess...
Uploaded by: Razthal on 2010-12-04 21:51:14
Fire
Uploaded by: Kratoes on 2010-10-31 14:39:56
Uncle Sam
Uploaded by: Kratoes on 2010-10-31 14:36:58

Last Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderStrategy: Throne of the Four Winds by Briareus4826 days ago2 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: Edehel - by Corvus Duskblade by Tioga4833 days ago2 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderStrategy: Blackwing Descent by CassyEggy4845 days ago1 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderStrategy: Bastion of Twilight by CassyEggy4845 days ago1 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Calendar

Raid Signups

Raid Progression

EPGP Markets

Server Status