Membership

Ventrillo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Peace Through Violence Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seetar Jenkins
Centurion
Inscriptor

re: My Dad Playing WoW :P

My Dad is interested in playing WoW.

/shudder, right? Slightly. Obviously I'm going to be helping him out, as much as I can and almost whenever. This will in no way interfere with my raiding frequency or performance.

But... My Dad is, my Dad. I'd like to have him at least IN a guild when he starts playing WoW. I know that for PtV Sean told me that he'd like to have level 60-up in th guild, and I'm not nessecarily asking for a exception, just what to do?

I do in no way plan to leave. I feel that I fit in and am appreciated here, but I wasn't sure about him. I have considered putting his in my old guild, where I am still good friends with the leaders. My only problem(s) is that this could be very awkward.

Just wanted to get your guys suggestions!

Thanks,
Matt
:: Revanchist ::
Nizata
Razthal
Tribunus
Legate

If he doesn't join PtV, there's always Çhàøs Mìñíøñ.... That's my wife's guild. I can do invites. Not a lot of people online usually... but when they are online they're usually up for dungeons and helping folks. It's a social/leveling guild.

Seetar Jenkins
Centurion
Inscriptor

That would be a good alternative, and thank you for the advice.

I guess what I'm trying to say is would the hierarchy of PtV accept a new character who was bent on getting to 80, even if he wasn't level 60-above and such?

Just so y'all know, he DOES plan on raiding at end game, and the classes he is considering (Druid, Shaman, and Mage) are all ranged DPS. I do believe Sean said that he was looking for ranged DPS, and hopefully they will still be needed in 3-4 months.

I plan on helping him level, not babying him, though. He will know his class by 80, but sure, I'll help him out with level 40-58, because those were very boring levels, and if he's stuck, of course I'll help him with a level whatever+ quest. I'm expecting it to take him about 2-3 months, 3-4 at the most.

So, if my above question could be answered, that'd be greatly appreciated!

BTW, where is the spot to put my signature to be able to continue on raiding? I see it on the Guild Information tab, and I can't find it on site. D:

Thanks for all the help so far and yet to come!
:: Matt
Revanchist ::
Rohann
Rohann/Lomeq
Legio
Prelate

Will this be on his own account?
As he is family, I can't really see too much of a problem with having him join us, but again, this is Sean's decision.

We ALL have alts and most of them have started at level 1, so I can't really see too much of an issue to be avoided here unless it is concerning the tendency of a leveling toon to ask the guild for fast and easy XP at the time expense of its' raiders that have already gotten to 80.
Most raiders are in a crunch for time, gathering materials and gold to facilitate raiding on their free time. We'll see what we can work out.

Seetar Jenkins
Centurion
Inscriptor

Seperate account.

BTW, where is the spot to put my signature to be able to continue on raiding? I see it on the Guild Information tab, and I can't find it on site. D:
Corvus
Cael Quinan
Legatus Legio
Consul

He's more than welcome to become a member of our guild.

Generally, the only time we consider a player's level is when they are a fresh recruit, unassociated with any current members.

This policy is used to establish that -while we are a family oriented guild- we are not by definition a leveling guild. Introducing players into the guild that are not family/friends and who are below 60 places an unreasonable expectation on our members to feel obligated to help level them. This rule is simply to protect our members from unreasonable PLing requests.

I see no issue with family or friends joining since generally their "older" peers be default are going to help them out.

Get him signed up!

P.S The MOTD has a link. The link is also on the right hand column of the website, under Raid Signups.

twitter:@CaelQuinan,@AshenBro_SWTOR
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Peace Through Violence Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Raid Summary
Latest Item(s)
Wodin's Lucky Necklace
Ebonfang
for 275
Shaft of Glacial Ice
Rohann
for 0
Chestguard of the Failed Experiment
Coppereyes
for 389
Bloodstained Surgeon's Shoulderguards
Coppereyes
for 291
Neverending Winter
Kearsarge
for 583
Whispering Fanged Skull
Corvus
for 291
Scourgelord's Baton
Thiria
for 99
Citadel Enforcer's Claymore
Ebonfang
for 389
Abomination Knuckles
Kukander
for 583
Cloak of Many Skins
Ebonfang
for 50
Bloodstained Surgeon's Shoulderguards
Thiria
for 75
Scourge Stranglers
Rohann
for 75

Most Recent Images
Uploaded by: Razthal on 2011-01-09 19:14:07
I made a mess...
Uploaded by: Razthal on 2010-12-04 21:51:14
Fire
Uploaded by: Kratoes on 2010-10-31 14:39:56
Uncle Sam
Uploaded by: Kratoes on 2010-10-31 14:36:58

Last Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderStrategy: Throne of the Four Winds by Briareus4804 days ago2 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: Edehel - by Corvus Duskblade by Tioga4811 days ago2 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderStrategy: Blackwing Descent by CassyEggy4823 days ago1 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderStrategy: Bastion of Twilight by CassyEggy4823 days ago1 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Calendar

Raid Signups

Raid Progression

EPGP Markets

Server Status