Membership

Ventrillo

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Peace Through Violence Forum Index -> Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tioga
Tribuni Legio
Prelate

re: A Word on Naxx and Alts

As we continue to farm heroics and beat Naxx like the proverbial red headed stepchild, people are going to find that they are maxing out on badge gear for their mains. As this happens, many will naturally want to start bringing alts in. As this occurs, I would like to make clear what our policy is going to be with regard to alts so there is no confusion. In order of precedence:

1) Raid composition is king. This is always the case. We want to be successful, certain class combos are necessary for a raid group. If we desperately need a healer for a given night and someone's alt is all we have, we will take that healer.
2) Before you bring an alt to Naxx, myself (or another officer) must be able to see either a be.imba score of 500+ or wow-heroes score of 2200+ on your main. Is that high? Yeah. The ToC raid needs high gear if we're to have any chance of kicking its arse. If your main cant meet one of those two scores, you could use more Naxx10 and badge gear. I can attest that it is possible to hit this score with only heroics, naxx10, and badges. Kearsarge has never set foot in a 25 man raid and currently sits at be.imba of 504.
3) Mains before alts. If there is only one spot for a raid left and its between you on an alt and someone else on a main, the main will go.

If all of those criteria pass, you are more than welcome to bring your (reasonably geared) alt to Naxx10.

Canihealuplz

ya that gear score is not that hard to hit kwakuna has never been in a 25man and his be imba is 531.5 and my wow-heroes is 2342...so a gear score of 500 is nothing hard to get. I would like to always bring my druid to raids but if short healers im always willing to bring canihealuplz.
i hope we will be able to push farther into uld this week along with maybe taking another shot at ToC10man. Also if anyone needs help getting gear from instances or getting gear crafted...i am more than willing to help out with gold or mats.

To be honest, Revanchist's be.Imba score is only 463ish. =/

Tioga
Tribuni Legio
Prelate

Just to clarify - being under 500 or 2200 does not mean you suck. Not my implication at all by this post. All it means is you are not ready for the AT raid. Thus the restriction that you cant bring an alt to Naxx, you need more badges on your main.

Canihealuplz

Consul

re: Re: A Word on Naxx and Alts

Tioga wrote:
If all of those criteria pass, you are more than welcome to bring your (reasonably geared) alt to Naxx10.

I'm going to add my own addendum to this point right here in clarification. As always, Kearsarge is the final arbiter on who goes to his raids, but on nights I'm RLing:

If you have any green item in your inventory slots (barring trinkets), you are most likely not going on the raid. I've said this before and I'll say it again, if you're in greens, then you obviously are not ready to raid. I was in all blues when we started Naxx... in January. At this point in the game, there's really no reason you can't quest, craft or purchase blues or epics. There's simply not. What it looks like to me is that you're looking for a free ride and not really eager to play your charatcer to it's best and to put in the requisite time to gear yourself before you raid so as to better help the guild.

What Kear is saying is really quite simple: get your mains geared, then you can get your alts geared. We want a broad variety of characters to be properly geraed os we cna access them, but we also need to ensure that our mains which will be trailblazing in our raids are the best that they can be.

I'm in perfect agreement with this.

twitter:@CaelQuinan,@AshenBro_SWTOR
Seetar Jenkins
Centurion
Inscriptor

Tioga wrote:
Just to clarify - being under 500 or 2200 does not mean you suck. Not my implication at all by this post. All it means is you are not ready for the AT raid. Thus the restriction that you cant bring an alt to Naxx, you need more badges on your main.

Okies, sounds good. Thanks for the clarification.

Seetar Jenkins
Centurion
Inscriptor

re: Re: A Word on Naxx and Alts

Ravth wrote:
Tioga wrote:

I'm going to add my own addendum to this point right here in clarification. As always, Kearsarge is the final arbiter on who goes to his raids, but on nights I'm RLing:

If you have any green item in your inventory slots (barring trinkets), you are most likely not going on the raid. I've said this before and I'll say it again, if you're in greens, then you obviously are not ready to raid. I was in all blues when we started Naxx... in January. At this point in the game, there's really no reason you can't quest, craft or purchase blues or epics. There's simply not. What it looks like to me is that you're looking for a free ride and not really eager to play your charatcer to it's best and to put in the requisite time to gear yourself before you raid so as to better help the guild.

What Kear is saying is really quite simple: get your mains geared, then you can get your alts geared. We want a broad variety of characters to be properly geraed os we cna access them, but we also need to ensure that our mains which will be trailblazing in our raids are the best that they can be.

I'm in perfect agreement with this.

Would it be safe to say that this applies to when Zeb is raidleading as well?

Tioga
Tribuni Legio
Prelate

Absolutely. Bring your alt geared in at least blues (1-2 greens acceptable in tough to find spots like trinkets), or dont bring it. The initial round of gearing can easily be done via crafting and a few heroics. Use the resources of your fellow guildies crafting talents.

Seetar Jenkins
Centurion
Inscriptor

Sounds good.

Corvus
Cael Quinan
Legatus Legio
Consul

Every day you can have 5 attempts for a total of 25 total epic upgrades in regular Trial of Champions. These items are all 95% quality of Naxx drops, so therefore you can get loot that is almost as good as Naxx itself, an excellent primer for Naxx. Getting PuGs are guild groups for this gear will not be difficult, further reinforcing the point that there's no excuse for coming to a raid undergeared.

FYI, four epic trinkets drop in this instance, 1 tank, 1 melee dps and 2 caster trinkets. So... green trinkets are not all that understandable either.

twitter:@CaelQuinan,@AshenBro_SWTOR
LockRocker

I agree on the no green equipment policy. It doesnt take much to do heroics or get your gear crafted. Trinkets are harder to get, yes. But all heroics do drop trinkets of sort. I know i wasnt the best coming into this guild, nor am I the best now by any means. But if you have at least items of 187 (superior) you will help the raid out more then hurt it. Plus come on, the new badge system has made it so easy to get your new gear without a problem.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Peace Through Violence Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: