Membership

Ventrillo

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Peace Through Violence Forum Index -> Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spawnofmoose

re: Ulduar and You.

Heya!

Moose here. I don't want it to feel like I'm taking over raiding or raid leading. However I can tell you all need the helping hand!

Coming from a heavy progression Ulduar 25 guild on Terenas, I forever have the strats of every fight (just short of Algalon) embedded in every crevice in my brain.

A few things I learned at <Completely> is:
1) Addons help tons. I know some of you prefer to be purists, or are lacking the capable camp to run too many addons. However, I use to be like that and I was introduced into a few mods that helped me tons over the past few months.

Decursive- If you have a toon that dispells something, this is a must have, even if you're a pure dps class like a mage, any dispell means the healers can use a GCD to heal you instead of dispelling you.

DBM/BigWigs- Doesnt matter which one you have, they all run off each other. If you're restricted by memory, get BW, I liked it when i used it, but I'm a dedicated Ensidia fan =)

Power Auras Classic- This is one of the newer mods I've tried even though it's relatively old. It puts little symbols of your choice up for you when you gain a buff or debuff, when a buff or debuff reachs or is greater or less than a certain stack, sense's buffs on your target, or even if you're going OOM. I'll put a SS up with my druid's lay out in the near future. Particularly helpful when you're a healer or dps and you need a helping hand knowing you have a certain buff/debuff on or not.

RatingBuster- This addon compares, point for point, every stat on a piece of gear with your current gear on. It even includes stat bonuses based off your current talents, form and shapeshift. However, it doesnt seem to include gems or enchants, however i havnt messed with it enoguh to see if it ever does.

2) What I would like to see happen is look at your options for gear. I am kinda giving away my EP/GP secret handshake here, but i feel other should do this too to make everything fly by a bit smoother. There are places, sometimes specific websites for your class/talent spec. I, for example, have the moonkinrepository.com. Getting a rough top3 for gear upgrades helps you know what you need in a Raid off each boss. This also makes loot options easier for you to decide instead of waiting 10minutes per each boss downing to figure out who needs what and comparing everything. This ensures the most possible attempts and most possible usage of time.

3) Getting to know the boss fights, even just basically is the key to pick progression with little stress =) As for each boss in here; to my understanding you guys have yet to clear the Watchers. These are the hardest fights, yet most fun, in my opinion. You do not have to read this area, but this is from the eyes of a person who has dps'd it before and may give more insight than other strats.

We got a taste of Hodir the other night. He is probably the most technical fight out of these Watchers. You're constantly moving to keep the NPCs alive, dodging falling icicles, knocking the debuffs off or getting onto a snowmound. I must over-emphasize the key to beating Hodir is STAYING ALIVE, . Pally bubbles, ice blocks, last stands, etc etc.

Next fight will probably be Thorim. He is the most simplistic fight from all the Watchers imo. The hardest part is getting to fight him from my experience. Half the group will be staying in the arena. The basic rule for them is staying alive and killing everything asap. 2 healers is usually the best way to do this. The other half will be enduring the Gauntlet. Running around, killing a few mobs and minibosses to reach Thorim and start the real fight. The first miniboss is much like the last Moblin before the Forest Temple. If you're confused by that, he will randomly pick right or left and launch a shockwave in that direction while you're fighting trash. Think Skadi in UP. The second is a basic tank and spank, he randomly throws a debuff on someone that does AoE damage when you're next to others. Don't move with the debuff on you. And if you think thats a lot to remember, the last hallway before you get to Thorim the circles in the middle are traps. Don't walk into them. Once Thorim is activated he jumps into the arena and needs to be picked up. Clear out the adds in the arena and tank him in the middle. The tanks will have to swap aggro every so often due to a debuff. He also chain lightenings, spread out. Every so often he picks a 6th of the room that will get blasted with lightening, its's easily avoidable.

I will update this post as we progress =)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Peace Through Violence Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: