Membership

Ventrillo

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Peace Through Violence Forum Index -> Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spawnofmoose

re: ToC and You.

First off, I just want to start off by saying, has PtV been doing ToC10?

I just wanted to know, because this is an easy way to get easy gear. Even though you can achieve t9 from here I consider ToC10 the place to gear the higher geared mains of this guild.

I'll add strats if I need to based off first hand experience, assuming we have never been to ToC yet

Legatus Legio
Consul

Yes, we were, but we lost two main healers and a couple of our better geared DPS. PLus we had a couple of disruptive schedule changes and it all added together to put a roadblock up until recently. I plan to get us back in there, but i want to make sure it's productive and that will mean getting gear for some of our newer folks.

twitter:@CaelQuinan,@AshenBro_SWTOR
Kratoes
Tribunus
Legate

I do know toc10. I have healed for 10 man and 25 man.

I personally believe that DPS can get away with 3.5k dps, to run this place but we would like to shoot for at least 1 or 2 people rocking 4.5-5k dps in a 10man raiding scenerio.

What i've noticed however is in 10 uld/naxx or even sartharion my druid's dps is around 5.6-6k dps however in here it drops to about 4.6k on average, so be prepared to apply a near similar scaling.

As for the healers and tanks, this guild looks kosher on them =P.

The "Fauna" of Northrend are the first bosses. The first fight is a pretty easy tank and spank. Watch for fire at your feet and if you have a snobold, call it out and stand near the melee so everyone knows where you are. Tanks swap at 3 stacks of the debuff or just taunt whenever yours wears off. Then come the worms. If you get the toxin debuff run to the fire tank, if you get the fire, go to the toxin tank. BUrning Acid Maw first is usually best as the toxin sucks. Next is Frosthowl. MAJOR tank and spank. Occasional aoe dmg from the frost breath, ranged needs to spread out. He runs to the middle and knocks everyone against the wall. For some reason a lot of people say something about running left or right, i dont understand this, but the main idea is to not run where he is facing. If you get smashed that could lead to a wipe when you've come this far.

The second boss is an all-together tank and spank. However every so often a maiden comes out of a portal and needs to be killled immediately by all dps. He also unleashes infernals too and those need to be killed also. The biggest killer in my opinion is the legion flames. When someone gets them they run straight to the wall keep running around until all the flames drop off you. Incinerate flesh needs to be spam-healed otherwise it blows up and tons of raid damage occurs.

Faction Champs are a pain and have to be assessed on the fly based on our comp and their comp.

Legio
Prelate

You mean there's something after the worms???

Rohann
Rohann/Lomeq
Legio
Prelate

Kidding about that, but still, never made it past them. Even with our main group. Sometimes we have trouble adjusting to new content. We eventually get through it.

I took a break from raiding, Our raid leader has taken a few nights off here and there , we lost some of our main raid force, and Sean has been on night shift for a while. I do believe though that we should be good to go now. At least I can't see why we wouldn't be...barring a cpl of folks that need more gear.

Nizata
Razthal
Tribunus
Legate

It really started with the return of the younger crowd to school. By younger, I include college age...

I think that with our recent influx of members, plus reactivity of our RL, and the reactivity of our officers and ex-officers, we should see a solid progression in the near future. I would suspect that we get past the worms in the next week or two, assuming we do ToC as our "Challenge" night as Sean suggested in the SoG.

Cheers!

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Peace Through Violence Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: