Membership

Ventrillo

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Peace Through Violence Forum Index -> Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corvus
Cael Quinan
Legatus Legio
Consul

re: ICC 10: Plaguewerks Strategies

Festergut
READ: WoWwiki

I guess Festergut would be Rotface's brother. He's a different shade but it doesn't make him any less gross looking. Bring your gas masks as there's going to be a whole lot of flatulence flying around.

Breakdown: Like his brother, you'll want to keep him centered in the room. 2 players will be given a mark and the rest of the raid needs to make sure they are within proximity of the player with it. The player with the mark is going to explode but provide an Innoculation buff which becomes important later. Once your raid is completely inoculated, after 3 of those, he's going to release all the gas he inhaled dealing an enormous amount of damage. Your inoculation should help mitigate most of this damage. This is a high DPS burn fight.

Rotface

This guy is supposed to be the next generation abomination. I think Professor Putricide did a pretty good job with him. You'll come across him in the Plagueworks wing along with Festergut and Professor Putricide.

Breakdown: Keep this conglomeration of flesh and parts tanked in the middle of the room. He is going to do an ability called Slime Spray which will fire out nature damage in a conical direction. This is why you want you want Rotface in the middle so that your raid can simply jump back and forth on either side of him.

Players will be affected with a Mutated Infection which causes them to take damage and reduces their healing received. After the infection wears off, it creates a small ooze at their location. When a little ooze merges with another ooze it becomes (surprise) big ooze. As the ooze's continue to merge into big ooze, the off tank has to kite them around the room without coming into contact with the big ooze.

Speaking of the off tank, they need to watch out for the Ooze Flood that will kick in on the outside of the circular room and to be sure they're not kiting into them.

Professor Putricide

The father of abominations, you can bet the Professor won't be happy after you trash his two creations. There isn't much in the way of solid information or videos on the encounter. It's not going to help that your raid group will have only ten attempts to work on him before he despawns for the week. You can bet that this fight has something to do with gasses and oozes.

Breakdown: The key to the encounter is the player who drinks one of Putricide's experimental potions and gets to become a Mutated Abomination. It is entirely their job to manage the various slimes and oozes. Professor Putricide is going to spawn them and the Mutated Abomination needs to gobble them up because it gives them energy and keeps the raid area clear. The Abomination gets another ability which slows its target down and places a DoT effect (which should be used on gas clouds). The final ability is called Mutated Slash which lowers Putricides physical damage resistance by 20% it has stacked 5 times. Be sure to refresh it as it only lasts 20 seconds.

Be careful. Having the big guy around means the raid won't be able to stand his stench and will suffer damage every few seconds (under 5k).

At the same time, gas clouds will appear and pursue a player. The Abomination needs to slow it down and ranged players must focus fire it before it catches up to the targeted player. If the player gets reached by the gas cloud, it will explode and deal damage based on the number of stacks on the bloat.

This is going to be fairly complicated the first few times your raid begins. Go through it slowly and analyze each wipe. Take it step by step because you only have ten attempts. Use them well!

Pro tip: Stay away from Choking Gas Bombs (orange test tubes). The abomination needs to eat Expanding Ooze to prevent it from overwhelming the raid. Malleable Goo will be thrown randomly towards a player. These are easily avoidable. If you see an object come flying in your direction, move away from it.

Last edited by Cael Quinan on 2010/10/17 8:47; edited 1 time in total

twitter:@CaelQuinan,@AshenBro_SWTOR
Mikeyeggy
Legio
Scribe

I've read these but I'd have to do these a few times to really get them down.

Magusdin
Centurion
Inscriptor

/read

Tawas
Tribunus
Inscriptor

Fun.

coldbane1
Legio
Scribe

/read and watched looks fun. the first two doesnt look bad the last looked like it could be a little harder.

/read

But I'm with Michael, I'm gonna need to run this to fully understand it...

I'm what you call a "hands-on" kinda girl.. wink

Bludthinner
Bludthinner
Legio

/read

Just in case I get my toons up to speed

Gannaria-Martha
Legio
Inscriptor

Read

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Peace Through Violence Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: